Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Back at work!


Well I'm back at work and the earth is still revolving...nothing stopped:)

Kacey had a great day at home with Nana and Pop Pop and according to reports as of 10AM today she's having a good day #2! They stayed nice and busy yesterday and except for naptime Kacey was picture perfect, when it was time to go to bed she wanted her Mommy but happily settled for a nap with Pop in the recliner...hmmmm do you think she may have an ulterior motive? She also pitched a little fit at Target and my Mom and Dad BOTH had to take her into the family restroom, those of you who know my Dad can imagine what he thought of having to go the family restroom, but for Kacey anything is possible I only wish I had pictures!

The best part of the day was when I got home from work, she was very glad to see me but not at all mad, sad or dramatic it was like I'd just run to the grocery store and come back, she played with me my Mom and Dad like it was any other day. My next worry was that she wouldn't go to bed well at night but once again I was wrong, we did the night night ritual and she was fast asleep by 8:15 (I was asleep by 8:45) and only woke up once at 2AM, I'll be glad when she starts sleeping all the way through the night, she's only awake for 5-10 minutes getting settled back to sleep but I can't get back to sleep for an hour when she wakes up and 5:30AM come awfully early!

It's amazing how adaptable children are, once again Kacey adjusted immediately and Mom was the one all sad and worried. Day 2 I'm nice and calm and getting all caught up at work which makes one happy Mommy.

Happy Halloween from Minnie Mouse and her family!





8 Comments:

Blogger dawn had this to say:

Congratulations on leaving your little girl for a whole day! I am sure it was the hardest thing ever. I only had to leave for an hour the first time and that sucked like a hoover. But you did it and it's done. Phew.

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Poor Julie, sending you hugs for your rough days. Good to hear that Kacey is handling it so well.

 

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:

yeah Julie! all is going well, it seems. Kacey is a tough little cookie and I bet Nana and pop pop are lots of fun! I can totally identify with being a TIRED mommy. I get to bed pretty early these days too!

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

Another accomplishment from the amazing Kacey. It continues to amaze me at how wonderful our girls are. So loving and adaptive. You have grown so much as well...able to go to work and concentrate again.

Shelley

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

The hardest day is now over ~ YIPEE!! Your heart can now rest a little easier. I can relate to the early to bed(:

 

Blogger Diane had this to say:

feels good to be back at work doesn't it?! glad kacey decided to take it easy on you!

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

Back to work stinks! I am glad Miss Kacey is making the transition so well. If is fun to be spoiled by grandparents, though!

Kacey is probably the cutest Minnie Mouse EVER!! What a face!! She looks so much more... at home in every post. What a great thing to see!!

Thanks for checking in on us. I will be the one screaming from the rooftops when our referral comes.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Very cute! I'm glad to hear that she is adjusting to you being back at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com