Monday, October 09, 2006
Late Night News!

Yeah, yeah I know it's only 8:50PM but I haven't been up this late in weeks but I have BIG NEWS! Miss Kacey sat in a booster seat at the Taco Bell tonight, she just sat down and ate her dinner like she's been doing it her entire life, Danielle, Peyton and I were just baffled! I promise I try (and have tried) the high/booster chair every single meal every single place we eat but there is a meltdown of epic proportion just looking at "the chair" so I've just let it go but tonight she was ready. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I brought her home and offered her a watermelon dessert in her booster here at the house, she thought about protesting for a moment then remembered how fun it is not to eat in Mom's lap with her cleaning you up every 2 seconds that she jumped right in.

What do I think brought on this minor miracle, well I think it was 2 things first we had a playdate at Jill's today and Levi was sitting on a booster having quite the good time with lunch and Kacey was very interested in what he was doing, not interested enough to sit in it but at least she was looking then at the Bell she had Danielle and Peyton across from her talking to her and we all acted like it was nothing so she was fine! Just to let you know she still can put away the food she had rice, beans, taco meat and some sweet dessert that Peyton shared with her :) No I NEVER promised not to let my kids eat fast food, I'm all about moderation and Taco Bell. I was the one who would NEVER let my kid go out dirty, note the dirty shirt and face, I've swallowed more words and owe more apologies to my Mom friends than anyone in history :)

Well I better get up to bed, Kacey & I slept from 8:30PM until 8:30AM last night with only 2 minor wake-ups and I think our wonderful day is in large part due to both of us being so well rested.

More from the mommy front tomorrow, we are going to Peyton's elementary school for lunch...should be fun!





5 Comments:

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Wow..yeah Kacey!! You go girl!! Julie - I love your posts. They are so honest and from the heart. I am counting the days...

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

Hooray for Kacey!!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Alright!!!!!! Progress on the booster and sleeping fronts. You are in like flynn lady. :-)

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Yippee!!! The crib, the car seat and now the booster seat, she's conquering all those evil enemies!!

 

Blogger Pug Mama had this to say:

Welcome to mommy-hood - it's ALL about eating your words! ;0)
What a big girl Kacey is becoming!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com