Friday, August 20, 2010
Meet the Teacher!

a few photos from busch gardens on Sunday.





Not sure I am prepared for this day but it is here we head to the "big school" to meet Kacey's new teacher, classmates and parents tonight. The first day of school is Tuesday, she seems much better prepared than me. I couldn't even sleep last night, really I hope it was indigestion rather than being nervous about an open house:)
The word from the "professional moms" is that Kacey's new teacher is absolutely terrific and we will all love her. Nana is coming along to the meeting since she does the lionshare of the schools interactions during the year and picks her up every afternoon...plus she is a "professional mom" and will streamline the process for all of us.
You may wonder what a "professional mom" is well my definition is someone who knows everything about the teachers, community and school, most likely has more than one child, is always up to date on the activities and is the first to sign up for said activities. These women are really quite amazing I can barely keep up with school holidays in my calendar and they have already signed up for the PTA, I wouldn't know what to do without them and I know for sure that I'll never be in their league but I always bring the juiceboxes (after they tell me to bring them).
Happy first day of school to all my little darlings I'll post more on Tuesday.





2 Comments:

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

Hey you may not be a pro mom, but you are super mom extraordinare! 99% of the battle is getting your kid to like school. Kacey is there, so this will be a cinch. I think you are in the same spot as me -- we just don't like our LGG growing up - I don't l.i.k.e. it one bit(: Happy 1st day of school, Kacey -- we will be thinking of you on Tuesday!

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

Such a brave mom!! You are a professional mom in my book.....I watched you carry that baby girl ALL over China...there is no doubt in my mind that you will find out all that stuff soon enough.

We are making a paper chain soon!!!!

You can really see how much she has grown with her referral pic right below the kindergarten pic...sigh, where does the time go?

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com