Thursday, October 12, 2006
Home for 2 Weeks!



Can you believe we've been home for 2 weeks today? Me neither, seems like just yesterday some days and like she's been with me forever other days! So how did we celebrate this wonderful day...we went for Kacey's well-baby doctors' appointment that's what we did! Not much fun for either one of us but Kacey checked out like a champ and made her Mom very happy. She had to get 4 shots that all 2 year olds get and she got weighed and measured too, she's 22.4 lbs (5th percentile) and 32.75" long (25th percentile) according to Dr. W she looks very healthy and she is not at all concerned about her weight. We've just got to keep feeding her all the healthy foods that she likes and add a multi-vitamin everyday to add some extra calcium! Only her language seems to be a bit delayed but once again according to the good Doctor she seems to be catching up quickly and probably will not need additional therapy :)

A BIG thanks to Lisa S. who joined me at my appointment to act as scribe while I dealt with the princess and her intense dislike for all things "doctor & nurse", we went next door for Chinese food afterward and you'd have thought we were never even at the doctor Kacey was starving and yum-yummed her way through wonton soup, chicken lo mein and 1/2 an eggroll, nothing hurts her appetite that's for sure!

We also had some fun today (before the appointment), we went to Mom's office to visit and got tons of attention and love from all my office mates! Kacey chose not to get down but did enjoy all the love, she blew kisses, said bye-bye to everyone and even gave out a few hugs from the safety of my arms.

I told Lisa today that every single day is something new with Kacey she just seems to blossom right before my very eyes. She is such a funny girl and she knows it, while fighting sleep every night she blows rasberries into the crib rails and just cracks herself up, it's all I can do not to laugh and blow my cover of sleeping :) Her other favorite thing to do is to pick up any instruction book she can find and read it to me with all the energy she's got, she points at the pictures and tries to tell me all about it! She doesn't do that with her picture books but the carseat installation book is fascinating reading to her I guess or maybe she's just trying to teach her old Mom a new trick. We also had a big milestone last night while eating at Jason's with Danielle & Peyton (Tim is out of town) I actually went to the salad bar by myself, can you believe it, all by myself! Kacey sat in her booster seat and with only a brief protest, Danielle said she did give her quite a dirty look at the beginning but then happily munched her muffin and waited for me, when I went back at the end of meal promising her some ice cream she all but pushed me out of the booth :)

This weekend is her 2nd birthday and I'm having a little party for her, I'm taking the easy way out and ordering everything from Publix and my local BBQ joint. I was nervous about doing it but with the wonderful support of all my friends I know it will be a great success and that Kacey will enjoy herself, certainly she'll enjoy the ice cream which is her very favorite treat!

More soon, thanks for stopping by!





12 Comments:

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

So glad Kacey did well at Dr. W's. And she is making some real headway ~ letting Mom go to the salad bar by herself. WOWOWOWOW! That's such great news. She's such a big girl!

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

Kacey sounds like an amazing little girl! She looks so happy!!

Enjoy the big birthday weekend!!

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Kacey was a trooper yesterday and everytime I see her she shows so many changes. Can't wait to celebrate the big #2 this weekend.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Happy birthday to Kacey!!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Her 2nd birthday - how awesome!!! Wish I could be there, you guys are going to have so much fun. Oh, and the local BBQ joint - well heck yeah, you are my kind of party thrower. :-)

xoxo,
M3

 

Blogger juliesfamily had this to say:

Have we really been home two whole weeks. It seems like so much longer!

Claire Ling say Happy Birthday to Miss Kacey, with a big hug!!!!

julie

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

Happy 2nd birthday Kacey! I can't wait to meet you next week at our FCC dinner.

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

It is hard to believe we have been home for 2wks. She seems like such a part of our family, but yet we learn new things about her everyday.

We will have BBQ on sun in Kacey's honor. Wish we could be there.

Shelley

 

Blogger Tammie had this to say:

Kacey sounds like she's doing really well since she came home. The pictures are great & really tell the truth as to just how well she is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KACEY!!!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Happy Birthday Kacey!! Wow Julie, your little girl is so darling. I can't wait to get a hug myself :)

See you very soon!

 

Blogger Christi and Abbey had this to say:

It sounds like you all are doing great!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Happy Birthday, Kacey! Your mom already got the best gift she's ever received and, though you may not know it yet, so did you!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com