Sunday, October 15, 2006
In honor of Kacey...


What a weekend, Kacey was 2 and we had so much fun! Her party was Saturday and we went shopping and out to lunch to celebrate her "real" birthday on Sunday. We sure missed Nana & PopPop and wish all our travel mates lived closer so they could be her too!

I've been struggling on what to write on this big day and everything I came up with was so darned mushy that I kept going back to the drawing board, then I realized it...I'm just mushy about my sweet girl and there's no way around it!!!

I'm certainly one of the luckiest people on the planet to have been matched with my girl and while I'm still sad about the time that we missed together we are making up for it at warp speed. She is the absolute love of my life and watching her have such a blast at her party made my day, week, year! She was strutting around this house, giving orders, meeting people at the door and giggling until she couldn't catch her breath :) Every single day I think I love her as much as I possibly can and then the next day here comes a little more, I'm not sure I'm a love at first sight kind of girl so it makes perfect sense that our love grows larger with the time we are together. Before she went to bed on Saturday I was putting on her PJ's and telling her how happy I was to have her as my family and she just stopped what she was doing (squirming) and grabbed my face for a big kiss, I'm sure she had no idea what I was saying but it must have been the tone of my voice that started the love fest!

Someone at the mall today said how "lucky" she was to come here to live and I told them with all certainty that I am the "lucky" one, she has brought such joy to my life that I will forever be grateful. Don't worry, I'm still tired and my back and arms are killing me but it's a good pain, like a badge of mommy courage. As my friend, Mom of a 7 year old told me today "the next thing you know she'll be too busy for you you won't know what to do with yourself"--for that day I can wait!

Happy Birthday sweet girl, your Mommy (and your entire family) loves you so much and can't wait to celebrate everyday with you!





16 Comments:

Blogger Christi and Abbey had this to say:

Oh, she looks so delighted and happy. I am sooooooooooooo glad you all found each other! What a huge blessing for all involved.

 

Blogger Tammie had this to say:

Happy Birthday Sweet Kacey! You have grown so much in the short time you have been home. I know that your mommy couldn't be any happier.

 

Blogger Lisa had this to say:

Happy Birthday to Kacey! From your pal Zoe, and the whole Varon clan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Delurking to say that your post gave me chills and made me a little teary, I thought the red thread was a nice little thought while we were waiting, but isn't it amazing how true it really is? Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and congratulations on your new family!

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

Happy Birthday Kacey! You are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to meet you.

 

Blogger Eliza2006 had this to say:

Oh the tears are flowing over here at my house! Thanks for that post. I can't wait to be that in love with Eliza! Happy Birthday Kacey!!!

Tiffany

 

Blogger juliesfamily had this to say:

Julie, you said it all! I'm so happy you and Kacey found each other! Enjoy your life together!

 

Blogger Mama Melissa had this to say:

Awwwwwww... how sweet! :) What a great day you two had. I hope I am so blessed...

 

Blogger dawn had this to say:

That photo of Kacey with her cake is priceless. I would love to see what heppened next. ????
Happy Birthday beautiful 2 yr old.

 

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:

just give in; there's no way to be "unmushy" about being a new mama! I know just what you mean about love growing every day. I expected it to be fireworks and singing angels right away, that was my fantasy; but what happended is so much better, because its real. I love my daughter more intensely every day.... you said it beautifully. You and Kacey are both lucky to have each other. we all just love her already; Happy birthday little Kacey!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Hooray - happy birthday Kacey - chocolate, birthday hats, and mushy mom and all. It's all good. :-)

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

Happy Birthday Kacey!! You are your Mommy are going to celebrate many, many more birthdays together. What a beautiful post... and an amazing family!

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

I adore your mushiness when you talk about kacey. You both are so lucky to have each other. we remembered kacey on sun. Wished we could have been there as well. Claire can really give good kisses now. She would have planted one right on your big girl.

So glad you enjoyed the day.

Shelley and Hannah

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Happy Birthday Kacey. I can't wait to see you and your mama on Thursday.

Julie: Your post made me teary. Ain't motherhood something else?

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Happy Birthday, Kacey! You surely are a precious little girl! :-)

 

Blogger Shana had this to say:

Happy Birthday, Kacey! You are such a sweet, beautiful girl!!!

Congratulations, Julie!!!! I am SO very happy for you!

Shana :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com