Tuesday, October 03, 2006
We are BACK!


I'll bet BLOGGER has missed me!

Things are going well here at the Thomas house, Kacey came down with an ear infection, cold & sore throat and had to go to the doctor today which was not fun. They also had to do a strep test and clean the gunk out of her left ear, to say that she was not pleased is the understatement of the year. She seems to be feeling much better though and I'd already started her on the antibiotics from the Doctor on Sunday so the ear infection is almost cleared up.

She continues to blossom and take on her enemies full force, today she fell asleep happily in the car seat (enemy #1) and slept in her crib (#2) for her nap (she's fast asleep there now too but we'll just have to see how long that last) and TADA she also rode in the shopping cart at Babies R' Us, can you believe it I was out in public and not carrying Kacey on my hip, for the first time in over two weeks--it actually felt a little weird!

She is crazy about my Mom and Dad and I know that Thursday will be tough for both of us when they leave to go home. We'll be down to visit soon though and we can talk on the telephone!!! She still wants Mama (which was shortened to MOM today) all the time but she also wants all her "peeps" around if my Dad is trying to sit and do his crossword puzzles she thinks of a million reasons to go in to show him things and lead him back into playing with her--Nana never gets a rest! I don't think that anyone minds at all:)

I've also got the cold and sore throat so I'm just trying to push through. Sleeping with a squirmy toddler sick is a bit exhausting but last night she slept from 8-7 and tonight as I said earlier she is fast alseep in her crib. I better get upstairs myself and sleep, sleep, sleep.

More soon!





10 Comments:

Blogger Anna had this to say:

I've been waiting for an update and my wait has been rewarded! So glad she is doing well!! I posted some comments on the South Florida FCC group about what Molly calls you and your mom (I apologize in advance), but she can say Kacey very well!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Sleep well honey! And feel better. Talk to you soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

THE SHOPPING CART?? I can't believe it. She has made so many advances, since returning home. We are all well here sorry to hear about the colds. Claire slept in her crib last night, a big step for mommy as well.

Glad to have us all safe and at home.

Shelley S.

 

Blogger dawn had this to say:

Welcome home. Sorry to hear you all have the crud. Kacey just looks adorable and so happy.Carseats and shopping carts, your arm muscles must be smiling.

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

You guys are well on your way. Does my heart good to see Kacey so happy(: Now, go get some much needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

 

Blogger Catherine had this to say:

Welcome home! It was such a treat following your time in China.

Looking forward to reading more as you have time.

Blessings, Catherine

 

Blogger Pug Mama had this to say:

I am so happy you and Kacey are home safe and sound **little sick though:0(
I enjoyed following your trip day by day, and cried my eyes out on gotcha day!
You have a wonderful Mommy, Kacey!!!!
and Julie, you have one beautiful little girl
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

It is so beautiful to see her making such wonderful progress. She is so adorable!! I hope that you both feel better soon.

Lori

 

Blogger Georgia had this to say:

It was wonderful to follow your China trip. I looked forward to it every day.

I'm really happy she has taken to you like she has. Lucky Mom!

 

Blogger Tammie had this to say:

I'm so glad to see you posting again on your blog. Kacey has changed so much since Gotcha Day! What a beauty!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com