Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Mark Your Calendars!

The last part of the puzzle is in place, last night I received my in-China itinerary and found out that the magic Kacey moment will occur @ 10:00AM on Monday, September 18th China Time (that's 10:00PM, Sunday, September 17th in the good old Eastern Time Zone). The CWI is 2 hours away from Hefei so my little XiaoMei is NOT going to be a happy camper, as you might remember her "get up" time during the Summer is 7:30AM and she is going to have to rise at the crack of dawn to make it all the way to the Hefei Holiday Inn (my home away from home for 5 days)! No worries, I'll make it up to her with lollypops, 3 different kinds of Goldfish & of course Cheerios. I told you guys I've only got 5 pounds of the suitcase...REALLY!

Following are all the details of our travel plan, looks like we will have LOTS of time at the pool if the weather permits, oh, and shopping we must shop. I've made a list of the 18 gifts I want to buy for Kacey's birthdays and her wedding, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

As the song says, "my bags are packed, I'm ready to go"...

Date
Time
Events
Thursday, 09.14
1:45pm
Pick up family#7 Thomas (2) with CO89 and send to Poly Plaza (The Thomas Family's Beijing home away from home)
Friday, 09.15
9:00am
Optional tour for family #7 Thomas
Saturday, 09.16

9:00am
Sightseeing Tour to the Great Wall, Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square
Sunday, 09.17
8:15am (this is what we've been waiting on)
All fly to Hefei with HU#7307
Sunday, 09.17
9:45am
Pick up family with HU#7307 and send to Hefei Holiday Inn Hotel
******Monday, 09.18******
*********10:00am*********
***Pick up baby at hotel***
Tuesday, 09.19
9:00am
Go to Civil Affairs to do registration
Wednesday, 09.20
10:00am
Shopping for babies (who wants to bet we are going to Wal-Mart)
Thursday, 09.21
9:30am
Take family Derfuss, Persons, Rose, Smith, Supinski, Thomas, Varon to visit Liu’an SWI
Friday, 09.22
9:30am
Visit to a zoo
4:00pm
Get passport, this means Kacey has been sprung from China...officially just need to finish the US part of the deal!
Saturday, 09.23
10:20am
Family fly to Guangzhou with CZ3814
Saturday, 09.23
12:05pm
Pick up Family with CZ3814 and sent to the FAMOUS White Swan Hotel
Sunday, 09.24
10:00am
Sightseeing tour to Chen Family’s Temple
Monday, 09.25
9:00am
Take family to do baby’ Visa photo and do child’s medical examination (that should be fun)
Tuesday, 09.26
10:00am
Take family documents to American Consulate in GZ (guide takes the paperwork, we stay at the hotel and worry).
Wednesday, 09.27
3:00pm
Family goes to American Consulate Interview and gets baby’s Visa in the afternoon.
Thursday, 09.28
8:20am
Send family #7 Thomas (family of THREE) away with NW10.
09.28
6:54pm family #7 Thomas Family of 3 arrives at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport





5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

It's sooooo close!! I can't wait!

 

Blogger Julie had this to say:

Me neither!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Just think, Kacey will make
3 generations!!
Love
MOM
XO

 

Blogger C had this to say:

Julie,
I'm not sure if you are with GWCA, but originally I was expecting a Monday gotcha day. We actually had a Sunday gotcha day, but didn't find that out until we were in China. So you might want to have a bag packed for pick up. It worked well for me, because my suitcase came just 20 minutes before we left to get the babies. Might be worth a try just in case.

Good luck!!
Carol

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi Julie!
This is the first time I have had the chance to look at your site and I am so sorry that I haven't before now. We are so excited for you and your parents. What a wonderful addition to the Whiteside family. The day you will be with Kacey is McKayla's sixth birthday! :) Congratulations! I will keep checking your site and praying that all goes well!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com