Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Kacey's 1st Week of School in Review...

First off let me say I'm so happy that Lois found me!!! Lois, please send me your email address, I can't write back through Blogger, my email is jthomas4760@yahoo.com and I want details on how you and the family, including sweet Kara are settling in.

OK, now back to my regular programming...Kacey had a wonderful first week of school that also included my first overnight trip away from her. I said it to Diane this AM in an email and I'll say it again these girls are absolutely amazing, they adapt so well to their situations and just make everyone around them so darned happy!

Kacey is going to school 3 mornings a week from 8:30-12:30 and really seems to like everything but the initial "goodbye moment", according to her teachers and my numerous calls checking on her she settles down immediately after Nana leaves and is fine for the rest of the time. On Friday she even played with the other children, she's been participating in the activities but not interacting much with the other kids until then!! She's learning new signs which she uses all the time at home and brings all of her new skills home to teach me, Nana & Pop new tricks.

I had to go to a meeting in Orlando last week for 2 days too and she did great at home with my Mom and Dad, it's the comings and goings that upset her and once I'm gone she's just fine with them. I'm not even sure she knew I was gone for the night since she slept ALL NIGHT for them, the next night when I got home and she woke at 2AM she just looked at me like "oh good you're here at my beck and call"! This was a great test for all of us since I'm going to have to start traveling soon.

Kacey and I have been together for 2 months and 3 days and I can't remember my old life without her in it, she's challenging, funny, smart and the perfect daughter for me. Oh yeah one more thing, I waited my entire life for the big smile she gives me every single time I walk in the door, whether I ran to the dry cleaners or have been at work all day, it's the same light up my life smile and I look forward to it every single time too!!!





5 Comments:

Blogger Anna had this to say:

I am so glad to hear that Kacey is doing so well!! She's a precious little girl and you are a great mom!

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

Kacey has such a beautiful smile! And I'm sure that smile brightens each and every day for you.

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

Lois found me too. I am so glad to hear from her. Kacey has one of the best smiles I have ever seen. Miss you.

Shelley

 

Blogger dawn had this to say:

Ahh, that is so sweet. Kacey does have an amazing smile it just lights everything up around her.

 

Blogger Diane had this to say:

not a peep from Jena ALL NIGHT when I am at work--also she sleeps till 8am for the babysitter!! My theory is they figure " eh- mommy's not here, why bother waking up?"

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com