Monday, August 07, 2006
Another Milestone!



Ok, I've been a mother one week today and already I'm a bad blogger and way behind on the info. This parenting is hard work, there's care packages to put together, paperwork to be sent in, pediatricians to meet with, daycare worries, etc, etc, etc, WOW, I thought that the paperchase was crazy I need to hire Pam E. full time to help me.

OK, on to the big stuff...

Last Wednesday was a very big day (major milestone) when I sent back Kacey's referral acceptance, it wasn't due to GW until Friday but I was so scared that something might happen to it that I made sure it was there a day early :) On Friday it went "return stork" back to the CCAA in Beijing! Side Note: seems like there should be an easier way, maybe only the no's have to be sent back, get those TA's moving a week earlier??? I don't know it might work. End Side Note Anyway, I'm now on the next and to me the most painful part of the wait (I know all those who listened to me whine for the past year are cringing right now) the wait for travel approval. My girl is waiting for me and she has had to wait waaaaay to long in my opinion so I need to get going.

Just in case CCAA is in turbo mode with travel approvals I went ahead and put Kacey's travel wardrobe together, she is going to look quite snappy if I do say so myself, this photo doesn't even show the shoes in 3 different sizes!!!! Don't worry travel mates all I'm bringing for myself is a toothbrush so I won't be over the 44 lb limit:) You'd all be surprised how small baby clothes get in space bags.

Next entry, the care package, a labor of love.!





8 Comments:

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Julie:

I just picked up that dress that you have hanging on the right for Katie. Very cute if I do say so myself :)

I must have been the only person in the China Adoption Community praying for a delayed TA so that Justin could travel with us and my prayers were answered. I am sending out all of my positive energy and prayers for a lightening fast TA for you to get your sweet Kacey.

Hugs,
Lori

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

I love the wardrobe and can't wait to see the care package. I hope you get speedy TA...you need to get Kacey soon and get out of my way so I can get Gracie! LOL

Seriously, lots of prayers for speedy travel.

 

Blogger Mama Melissa had this to say:

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I have no idea if anyone will even be around when I get 'the call' and it is awesome that you have some pics from that moment. The baby's room looks beautiful. I've got to get mine started!! Oh my.

I can't wait to hear more! :)

Melissa
LID 10/31/05

 

Blogger Pug Mama had this to say:

There is no question in my mind that the worst part of all this will be when I need to wait for T.A. (so I agree with you) Waiting is HORRIBLE, but when I have my Ava's picture in my hand, and know WHO she is, and I'm not there to take care of her....I have never in my life left any of my children with a babysitter, EVER - because I think no one can take care of them better then me - so waiting for T.A. - I understand what you are going through, and I feel for you!

 

Blogger Georgia had this to say:

Man, oh man! I hope your girl likes pink!! Everything is just beautiful!

Here's to quick TA's!!!!!

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

How do I sign up for Kacey's hand-me-downs? :)

Waitin' for TA's in TX.

 

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures had this to say:

I look forward to reading more of your blog... look forward to reading all about yoru trip to China to pick up your little cherub... I see you also used Pam E... she was a god send to me... Like you I need to hire her full time... hahaha... Felicity

 

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:

I agree. take the cute clothes! why not? take as many as you want, because its soooo much fun dressing your little girl, and you'll have such a great time deciding what she'll wear every day. you dont become a mom everyday right?

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com