Monday, April 23, 2007
Bittersweet...

Amelia in the stream
Liza, Kacey, Maisie & Amelia...swingin'



Kacey contemplates the hole in her bucket and gives Amelia a hug! Love the teeter-toter.

Kacey hosted her first playdate this past Sunday and it was bittersweet for me, Kacey was clueless! Bittersweet because it will be the last K and I will be hosting in Georgia...we are leaving our dear friends and happy home to move to Florida in May! I've accepted a new position with a wonderful company in the Tampa area that will allow me to work locally most of the time rather than the deal with the extensive travel schedule have now. I'm a world of sad to leave but a world of happy that I can watch Kacey grow-up everyday like a regular mommy. Nana, PopPop and Kacey were doing great while I was gone but I was miserable and a change had to be made the fact that we will be closer to family is also a major plus in this deal.

It has been an honor to make the wonderful friends that I have during my adoption and I'm making a commitment to keeping in touch and make sure that the girls remain friends! I'm also leaving my my dear friend Danielle, mother to Peyton, Jeff & Brooke and wife to Kacey's favorite...HoJo she and I have been best friends since we were 12 years old so I know that we will remain very close but it's been so wonderful living around the corner for the past 4 years I don't know what I'll do without them. The good thing, I'm moving to Florida 1.5 hours from the "happiest place on earth" and I hope that I'll have many visitors down my way!





We are closing a chapter of our lives and starting a new one I certainly hope it's as wonderful as the last!





8 Comments:

Blogger RamblingMother had this to say:

Congrats on the new job. Being close to family is soooo important when you are single. Hope the move goes well.

Beverly

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

We are so sad you are leaving but happy that you will be able to be with Kacey with no long trips. You know we wish you all the luck in the world and we'll hopefully visit and see you regularly.

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Isn't change bittersweet? We are so excited that you will be so close to us. I see lots of playdates in our future :)

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Oh Julie that is huge news! I'm teary-eyed just thinking about you leaving that wonderful group of adoptive families in your area, but so excited that you can make this change for you and Kacey. That is wonderful and I know everything will turn out the way you want it to.

Huge hugs my brave friend!

 

Blogger Christi and Abbey had this to say:

I know it must be hard, but I think it's great that you are willing to do whatever it takes to be with Kacey more. I've "met" so many adoptive families from Florida on line. I bet Mickey and Minnie can't wait to meet Kacey!

 

Blogger dawn had this to say:

Woohoo, we get the gorgeous Miss Kacey in Florida.(Oh and her mummy too.) Congrats on the move and the new job.

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

Flordia? You should have been looking for a job in Texas! (Preferrably Houston.) Well I guess Flordia is the next best thing. I guess we'll just have to travel a little further when we visit.

I'm excited for you and Kacey and your new adventure. She will thank you for it later - when she's way old - and realizes how great it was to have a loving mom at home while growing up. Keep us in the loop.

the ska-doodles

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

Julie!
Georgia's loss is Florida's gain! We are in the Tampa area. We will have to start a new playgroup here so Kacey will make some new friends.


Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com