Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Honk Them Home!

You guys are going to have to trust me on this one, it DOES have a point!

I work in the restaurant business and have been through scores of training sessions in my many years and this team building story came to my mind yesterday and I just can't let it go so I'll share...

You all know that geese fly in a V formation, South for the Winter and North for the Summer but, did you know that they take turns leading the V? They all lead for a while then go to the back of the line and enjoy the ride (like drafting in NASCAR). If one goose gets hurt the entire formation heads to the ground to make certain that he/she is OK, if not one goose always stays with their injured comrade. Which, as I understand it is kind of like the Marines who never leave a man behind.

Finally, my last goose fact is this: while the geese are flying they get very tired and miserable up there and somtimes want to just quit, fly a little slower or stop to rest and feel sorry for themselves. Well, when this happens all their goose buddies HONK THEM ON in support. They just honk and honk as long as necessary to give their friend the encouragement and support to keep flying. That's why they are such noisy fliers!!!

I think this story is so important to me right now because I feel like one of those tired geese and my fellow geese are constantly honking me on in my hours of need so that I can keep flying. Also, as you may have heard we have a package of referrals missing at Great Wall and I think of these as our baby geese and feel this intense need to honk my heart out to bring them safely into Austin and onto the computer screens of their loving parents.

The moral of the story...just keep honking and we'll soon have our babies in our arms!

Lori, this one's for you! HONK, HONK, HONK, HONK, I'll keep honking until Katie Starr is safely in your arms!





13 Comments:

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Tears are flowing lady. OMG, you are too much and Marc and I are totally moved by what you have written on your blog today. This journey has brought into our lives many special people and I count you and your mom as two of the most special. I love you both!

Lori

P.S. I am going to share your blog and your story with my 5/17 group and May Group who are totally heartbroken and really need to read this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

HONK HONK

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

Julie,
That is great! I love your story and I think it's very fitting right now. We need to get all those babies here.

HONK HONK

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Aw, you made me cry!!!! (in a good way of course). You're a good friend Julie.

I'm honking for Lori too:

HONK HONK

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Adding a honk honk honk for Lori and Marc and baby Katie Starr

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

honk.

trk

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

I'm crying and giggling at the same time...boy, am I a mess!! You have encouraged me tremendously today, Julie with your "geese" post. THANKS!

Sending you lots of honks and hugs! And honk, honk for Lori too!

~S.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Julie's Mom's Test.

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

The honking worked...a special thank you to Julie and to all of you who have honked Katie Starr home!

Lori and Marc

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm Julie's mom and I want you all to know that her DAD is honking the babies home all night long. He says that I do some snoring, too, but I'm sure it's really our dog, Wendy. We will both do our part to get these babies home as fast as we can.
HONK! HONK! HONK!
Love to all,
Susan

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm Julie's mom and wanted to let you know that her DAD is honking the babies home allll night long. (You know what I mean) He says thatI snore, too, but I'm sure it's just our dog, Wendy.
We will continue to honk for all the babies in China and hope they will be on their way home soon.
Honk!, HONK!, Honk!
Love to all,
Susan

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Honk! Honk!
I pray that you will soon get the information you so richly deserve.
And here's another Honk for good measure. Lisa
P.S. While we are honking let's bring home the rest of the May's group. We have May 31st log-in date. I'm going to honking forever.

 

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:

Love this Julie! HONK, HONK, HONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL,
Cindy

p.s. looking forward to tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com