Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Best Grandparents Ever???


I'm sure that there will be some debate on this BUT I think that Kacey may be getting the greatest Grandparents any girl could want? Why would I say such an outrageous thing, well, for one thing they have been waiting A LONG time for this day. I'm 44 (dont' tell anyone) and I have two "younger" brothers aged 41 & 39 between the three of us there are ZERO grandchildren. My folks have some serious pent up demand for a grandchild or two (this is for Jim and Kevin if they are reading).

They've been practicing their Grandparenting skills on my cousins, my cousins' kids and my friends' kids for years and they have it down pat: give them whatever they want, give them unconditional love, give them candy for breakfast and most importantly make sure that they know they are special everyday!

One day very early in the process I told my Mom that she was getting a little carried away (a little?) and she put me in my place quickly with this statement: Do you remember how much Ganny (her Mom) loved you? Well, I'm going to love Kacey that much so get used to it!

Soon we will go to China together and my Dad will be home waiting for us and they will get their granddaughter. They've waited for years so a couple more months won't even faze 'em!!! Me, on the other hand, well I'll save that for another post.

P.S. The picture is of all the goodies my Mom and Dad got Kacey for Easter. She's not even here yet! Imagine what it will be like next year...check out those fine, fine gloves. We live in the South you know, and we Southern ladies know what to do with white gloves :)





5 Comments:

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

How sweet of your parents. I love the little purse...nice touch with the gloves!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Oh the little gloves!!! Too funny. You Southern gals could definitely teach us California girls a thing or two about dressing up. My kiddo will probably be wearing jeans and flip flops on Easter Sunday (gasp!).

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

I can vouch for Julie's mom. She's in our local FCC group and is a very proud grandmother to be. We love her!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Julie:

I totally love your parents and you too!

What a great family you all are gonna be for Kacey!!

Lori

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh how I just love the little purse.
I am Linda from Belgium and I know what your parents are going through. I am 40 and this will be our first child also.
We are LID 31.08.05, so still a long way to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com