Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Golden Week in China!

It's a slow week on the adoption front, as the CCAA and most of China closes for Golden Week, May 1-5. I'm not really sure what the holiday is all about...if I were my friend Cindy I'd know and maybe she'll comment with the 4-1-1.

What Golden Week means to me is that nothing is happening to bring Kacey closer to me and I really don't like it much. I know, I've developed this new Zen feeling of peace & harmony but that only applies when the CCAA is working hard and matching those ahead of me. When they are on holiday all bets are off and the Zen slips away from me. I've committed to bringing it back starting next week, I'll breathe deeply and think calm and happy thoughts starting on Monday! This week, I'll pout and stomp around the office which is also a lot of fun :)

On a positive note, I've gone ahead and scheduled a nice two week business trip to Korea, Tokyo & Hong Kong for May. Being away always makes the time go faster and the Zen feeling easier to hold on to. I'll be gone for May referrals which will also be interesting, I can stalk the CCAA site real time and report to all my friends back home when they change their message.

As for what that CCAA message may say, it's anybody's guess...people ask and I just don't know what to tell them. Could be June, could be September this is the craziest journey I've ever been on and I've been on some lulus!!!

So happy Golden Week China, maybe Kacey gets cake for the holiday, that would be a nice thought. You folks at CCAA should be nice and rested and ready to process a big ole batch of referrals...my June buddies Jill, Stephanie and Rosette are counting on you and so am I.

I felt guilty about the lack of Golden Week info so I goggled it and here is the answer: These national holidays were first started by the government for China's National Day in 1999. They are primarily intended to help expand the domestic tourism market and improve the national standard of living, as well as allowing people to make long-distance family visits. Chinese Golden Weeks are consequently periods of greatly heightened travel activity.
In 2004, there were calls for the Golden Week holidays to be cut back, due to their disruption of the regular economy.


Wow, it's a made up holiday...go figure!





4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy had this to say:

Happy Golden Week to you too! I hope things speed up soon. And, wow, I want your job! Those business trips sound wonderful. At least you will be on the same continent as your daughter to be.

 

Blogger Daphne had this to say:

Your May plans sound great. Do you have an extra ticket?

 

Blogger Tracy C. had this to say:

Wow, that is so cool that you will be travelling to HK, Korea etc for business. Have a great trip!

 

Blogger Amy had this to say:

Hang in there girl! We were there last year and I know it's rough! Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com