Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Sweet Brothers...Crazy but Sweet!


I just had to BLOG this for Kacey to read in the future...her tough uncles are really just big old sweeties. Here's the story:

My Mom calls me last night to let me know that some stranger will be emailing me words of encouragement about my adoption, how, I ask does this guy even know that I'm adopting?

A good question you may say, well "this guy" is my youngest brother Kevin's tax guy (HIS TAX GUY I say). Evidently Kevin was explaing to his tax guy that he and my other brother Jim were going to go to China and demand that Kacey come home immediately. Demand it, he said...well it just happens that this tax guy (totally unknown to Kevin) already has one precious daughter from China and is leaving THIS WEEK to pick up #2.

How cool is that, the wonderful tax guy also explains in words that Kevin can understand (evidently my words don't sink in) that NO I'm NOT the only person waiting and waiting and waiting everyone is in the same boat and when my time comes everything will be forgotten and we will be the happiest family on earth. Evidently the boys (aged 39 & 41) thought I was being singled out and made to wait and everyone else was getting their girls before me, they were heading East like cowboys to take matters into their own hands!!

Don't worry y'all they don't even have passports and certainly no TA's so I beleive it may have been an idle beer, tax deadline induced threat but oh how I love my brothers and how I long to give them their first little niece! Hang in there fellas it won't be much longer now.

And to that tax guy who now has my BLOG and email addresses I wish you and your family safe travels to China...send me the web address to follow your trip! 2 little ones from China that's better than a big fat tax refund check :)

P.S. If you are even in the Ft. Lauderdale area and are in need of a custom surfboard or other necessary surfing equipment stop by Kevin's place, Liquid Addiction Surf Shop located at the corner or A1A & Sunrise behind the Holiday Inn. Kevin will be the one kicked back in his recliner now patiently waiting for his precious Kacey!





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi Julie !
I loooove your blog...
I am praying everyday for your Kacey and my future niece to como home asap !

Love,
CathĂȘ

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

Nothing like a brother to bring it down to the bare bones way it should be... a little beer, a little action and a lot of love! There hearts are always in the right place.

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Hey Julie:

What awesome brothers you have. I love that they totally have your back. I know where they get it from...that very special mom and dad of yours :)

Love,
Lori

 

Blogger Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:

that is tooo, tooo cool. I dont know..........isnt it interesting how encouragement can show up in the most surprising ways, just when you need it most. Like a perfect stranger knowing just what you are going through.

what a sweet ol' brother. give him a sisterly punch in the arm for me!

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

I say we let them go liberate our girls!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Oh great, now you made me cry and I have to go meet Stacey Teague with my eyes all red and funny looking.

Love your brothers! They remind me of my own.

 

Blogger Georgia had this to say:

At least your family only threatened to take action. My mother, who is a political news junkie, wrote the president before he recently met with the Chinese president (or Prime Minister?....I should know this). She wrote requesting he ask about the future of Chinese Adoption. How embarrassing! You know it's going straight to the shredder, but I'm still glad she didn't mention my name.

 

Blogger Pug Mama had this to say:

Your brothers sound too cute!! Love the story, what a small world. Have fun this weekend for the big get together. Are you stressing out getting your house ready? I'm stressing out BIG time getting mine ready for 40 people!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com