Monday, May 08, 2006
Much Ado About Nothing & A Prom!



I feel a bit guilty when I have absolutely nothing to post about the adoption moving forward and that's exactly where I am today--really I'm not lazy I just don't have any news to report. CCAA is back at work after their nice one week holiday and that's about all that has changed in my adoption world.

So, I'll just bore you all with details about my fun weekend in St. Louis...in my quest to return to normal life until referral I decided I'd visit my buddies in St. Louis, it was my friend Sharon L's birthday, happy birthday Sharon L. and Bobby's high school prom. I personally can't believe that he is old enough to go to the prom, and with a Senior Girl no less, that just seems wrong to me :) But he is and he looked so handsome and grown up (see photos)! I loved taking pictures of he and his friends, embarassing him as little as possible while still being as pushy as hell to get the best angles. I even boxed his poor Mom out for one shot, oh well I'll share with her. His Dad (Bob) didn't get one single shot with him, I'll make that up to them both next year.

A good weekend to me is good friends, good food and good fun and I had lots of that the past couple of days! Getting away and just being my normal self always makes me feel so much stronger and better prepared for the wait. Next stop, the very chichi Hamptons with Sharon C. at the end of June...I can't bear to make more plans than that. After we find out the dates for the May batch of referrals I may have to starting scheduling July out but I'm not willing to cross that bridge unless I absolutely have to.

Arghhhhhh, I guess I should also recognize that today, May 8th is my 10 month LID anniversary. Kacey is officially OVERDUE!





3 Comments:

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Good friends, good food and good fun sounds like the perfect recipe for a great weekend! Good for you.

(By the way, I think it's hilarious that you got a picture with the prom king and his dad didn't!!!! Too funny!)

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

Nothing like taking prom pictures to make the wait pass faster! Looks like you had lots of fun.

And a happy(?) 10 month anniversary to us both.

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

I'm glad you're having some fun during the extended wait. I love the pictures. We're closing in on 10 months too. Who would have thought?

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com