Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Fairy Tales Come True!

“Fairy Tales can come true, it can happen to you if you’re young at heart!” I often think of this song when I ponder my upcoming adoption. All the negative stuff that used to go through my brain, you are too old, too single, too fat, just too--too have just disappeared (or at least hidden themselves far away). Every month of referrals brings me closer to her and makes my heart feel younger. I promise you all that I haven’t felt this good in a long time, except for that little pain in my shoulder, well I am going to be 45 years old on Sunday what in the heck do you expect J

This month’s referrals are extra special for me because I have not one, not two but THREE special people who’s dreams are coming true via a couple of very non-descript looking packages from DHL!

First there’s my GW buddy Linda, she and I are both singles and started this process together. I don’t remember a time in the last 12 plus months that I haven’t been emailing and chatting on the phone with her. Some long time readers may even remember me bringing my I-171H from BCIS to the mailbox in record time with Linda’s great advice “why don’t you try whistling all the way down the driveway, that way the mailbox knows you are happy and excited”, day 2 of whistling and guess what showed up! Now I whistle my way to the mailbox all the time, just for fun. If the whistling hadn’t worked I was going to try walking backwards down the hill so I’m sure glad it did, I’m not the most graceful of people! Linda and her sweet grand daughter Madison were delivered the great news “it’s a girl” just yesterday afternoon. Miss Katie currently lives in foster care in Hunan and was born on September 11, 2005, you know I’ll never forget her birthday that’s for sure! She is quite lovely and OH THE HAIR, it’s ready for pretty bows and barrettes!

The next two little darlings come via CCAI’s great white stork, Jill and Stephanie are in my waiting families group and boy have we been doing some WAITING together. We’ve had dinners, lunches and shopping outings for months and months and months and now it’s their time! They both have beautiful families and I know that big brothers Max & Keegan and big sis Mia will be overjoyed with their new sisters.

Stephanie’s Chloe was born on September 20, 2005 and Jill’s little Liza is from Hunan and was born on October 16, 2005. These sweet little ones will come home to such happy families, what a joy.

I’ll follow their trips and cheer all three of them home with their sweet girls then it will be my turn. With a little luck and a little love from CCAA that next stork will be carrying Kacey. I’ll feel 18 years old again and my heart will feel full of joy, only this time it will be for ME and my family we’ve waited a long time to be next and boy are we enjoying it!

Don’t worry though, this monthly adrenaline rush is addicting and I’ve got many families waiting behind me, so Kacey and I will be cheering for each and every one of you when your special time comes!





3 Comments:

Blogger Mary had this to say:

The excitement is soooo contagious! Isn't it fun to be able to celebrate with others?? I can't wait to be celebrating for you and so many others very soon. It seems life it is still a lifetime away with my 8/24 LID, but I am enjoying the excitement of all the referrals coming in.

We are so lucky to be able to experience a little of their joy!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

I love reading your posts Julie. You are such a postitive and loving person. It must be in the genes.

Love,
Lori

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

I feel the same way! I've been on a high all week. As soon as I realized we were actually getting close, this whole waiting pain was replaced with excitement!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com