Thursday, June 22, 2006
The Stork is in the Air!

*Disclaimer, this post is the opinion of the Author not based on concrete fact. Read at your own risk, the author has choosen to BELIEVE The Rumor and CELEBRATE and that's that! Author also understands that anything can happen and has faced much disappointment in the past months--she knows things could easily go a little wonky. The Author fully accepts this risk will suck it up, put her big girl panties back on and move forward should that happen! Love, The Author

The stork is in the air, in her pouch are referrals for families logged in from June 16-28. How do I know this? I woke up at 2 AM and just couldn't get back to sleep, finally at 3 AM I got out of bed, logged onto my computer and clicked on the official CCAA website to read this outstanding news. I then proceeded to call L.B. (LID June 20th-included in this batch) to wake her up to see HER message, she'd been up until 12:30 waiting for the change but fell asleep...I think she was happy I called, she called me back happy this AM which is a good sign :)

This news is a BIG DEAL intrepid readers, why? That's 13 days of referrals, the most processed in many months and the end date is only 10 days from my log in date of July 8th.

Net/Net: I BELIEVE that I AM NEXT, the next stork to leave Beijing in 4-5 weeks will be carrying Kacey's picture and information in her pouch! It's not 100% in the bag but I'd put the odds at 75-90% and that's certainly enough to get me to the betting window with a big pile of cash. I've done the math on log in numbers between the 16th and Kacey and I just can't find a formula that says I'll be left behind.

Yesterday was such a lucky happy day that Bob said I needed to buy 2 lotto tickets, one for me and one for Kacey her ticket was a winner, well she just won a ticket but we are still in the game! I was so giddy I also threw in another $1 for a Powerball Ticket for Friday's drawing!

OK, I just thought I was ready before now I really have to get cracking, today I go to the immigration office to be fingerprinted, my prints expire on July 16 and have to be valid until I return from China. As you may remember that experience was just dismal and disgusting the first time around but this time I'll be skipping past the smelly unhappy people with a smile on my face--what long line? I can't be detered by a silly, silly long line not me because I'm next, I'm ready to go, I'm the luckiest person in my world today!

In an effort to get cracking I went to see Sonia and baby Kailee (home this past Friday) last night and she started showing me all the stuff I should and should not bring with me to China. Well I had been so. so excited all day and reality hit me so hard holding Kailee and seeing all of Sonia's travel gear that I just threw up! I'm going to continue blame it on the first chicken wings I've eaten in 6 months and the searing heat--but honestly some people cry from extreme excitment and happiness and I throw up it's so unromantic! I better have a couple of garbage cans within reach when my Stork lands next month.

My feelings right now are indescribable I can't imagine this happiness growing with every next step in the coming months. You just think that you are a happy person until you find yourself in a situation like this, then you are sure you know pure joy!

Until later, I've gotting packing to do! Also need to get those visa applications filled out, meals made and frozen, baby proofing for the deck, cabinets locks installed. I have a lot to do and hopefully not a lot of time to do it in.

P.S. I'm giving much credit to my lucky ladybug skirt, I may start wearing it around July 20th and just keep it on until my stork flies--kind of like a major leaguer and his lucky hat.







13 Comments:

Blogger Angel had this to say:

I really do think you're next Julie! I'm not so sure for me but I really would love to travel with you and your mom. So, I'm keeping good thoughts with you and stork to rest up so it can speed home with Kacey's picture next month.

 

Blogger Pug Mama had this to say:

you are next!!!!!
positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts......

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

I think you need to find a few packs of lucky ladybug underwear and wear them every day from now until the next set of referrals!!! ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

July will be a very lucky Birthday month for you. Keep hold of your lucky Ladybug coin you should get today. Your Grandfather use to "spit up" when he got excited and did so at the horserace track when he won a big DD. It runs in our family as I was gagging before I walked down the aisle when I got married so many years ago. Get the Zantac.
Love
MOM
XOXO

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Your excitement is contagious girl!! You are next!!

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

This is the key... you are sure you know pure joy!

It's coming. Our pure joy. I can feel it. Your positive energy is exuding out all the way to Texas!

- Your July 8 Pal

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You really DO have a lucky ladybug skirt!!!
We're gonna be next, we're gonna be next, ha ha ha ha ha ha

jw

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Julie Thomas in a ladybug skirt.......OMG!!!!!!
Love, Aunt Beck

 

Blogger Georgia had this to say:

Wow! After reading that....I'm excited, too!!!! I'm sure you're next and that will kill another couple months as I follow you from referral to travel to home with baby Kacey. Can't wait!!

 

Blogger Julie had this to say:

Aunt Becky the skirt is from Talbots, very fine indeed. I have two of them as a matter of fact!!

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

I need a lucky ladybug skirt to wear with my tiara when I get it! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your referral will be here in the blink of an eye!

After our babies are home, come on down to Tampa and our babies can play together! ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I BELIEVE in the power of the skirt!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

I believe in the power of positive thought and I positively believe that you are next!! Today, your mom told me about the lucky ladybug skirt and I just had to sign on to see it :)

Wow...we are finally going to get to see Kacey!!

Love,
Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com