Monday, December 18, 2006
For the love of Kacey...


What would I do for the love of Kacey...well I'd get up at least once in the middle of every night and scare away the boogie men, I'd wear my clothes only once and send them to the laundry so that I can get all the pretzel/watermelon hugs I possibly can, I'd get up at 5AM and go to work so that I could be home to "play" earlier in the day and not miss a single minute and I'd say no to every possible invitation I could get out of to spend more time at home with my sweet girl. There are a million other things I'd do if I had to but all I really have to do for the love of Kacey is be there, she just gives her love without strings or wanting anything back except for love in return, she is the sweetest thing I could have ever imagined along with being the most challenging, can you say 2 year old!

As we celebrate our 3 month "gotcha day" anniversary today I can't help but think back to that fateful day in Hefei when I was handed a scared and shy little girl and wondered to myself what in the world am I going to do with her now up until today when my little girl marches into school each day, leads the band and generally runs my entire house, she's just blossomed like a spring flower!

To name a few accomplishments, she's up to a 40-50 word vocabulary and can understand many more, she knows her colors, how to count to 10, her Sesame Street characters and everything about her "people posse" down to if we are wearing our back-up glasses (which really makes her mad). She goes up and down the stairs like a pro and has a great throwing arm, good for outside not so good for inside her bedroom, she still loves being outside and for all of us sit down when commanded, everyone under the age of 5 is a baby and dogs and cats are the best! She draws circles and finger paints, sing songs and reads everything she can get her hands on, we have NO IDEA what she is saying during these readings but she is loud and proud. She loves to march around the house clapping and singing and everyone must fall into line. On a bad note she has "un" potty trained herself since starting school, she still goes #2 on the toilet but #1 is a pull-up affair, this is a huge bummer but the doctor said to expect some sort of rebellion when she started school and I guess it could have been much worse and she has a stubborn streak a mile wide, it's a good thing I didn't have to "ferberize" her to sleep because I think she could have even beaten that system hands down.

I'll say it once again and probably on again every major anniversary, this is the hardest but BEST thing I've ever done in my life I couldn't have ever imagined being this tired or this well loved in my entire life, she is a blessing and I thank my lucky stars every night before I sleep!

Happy 3 month anniversary sweet Kacey, Mama loves you!!!!!





9 Comments:

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

Happy Anniversary! Has it really been 3 mos? How could you not love a sweet girl like Kacey(: What a sweet, sweet picture.

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

DIMPLES!!! I have never noticed those before. She gets more precious everytime we see her. It is amazing what love and adoration can do for a soul. Kacey has the best of both from you. We will be celebrating our 2yr bday on wed. I will post pics.

Shelley

 

Blogger Eliza2006 had this to say:

So sweet!

Tiffany

 

Blogger dawn had this to say:

Happy 3 months......I am crying again for you and I have no flipping idea why!

 

Blogger C's Mom had this to say:

She's beautiful.

I can't wait to be saying similar words myself.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Happy Anniversary to you and Kacey! I love her smile and I loved your Christmas card - thank you!

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

Oh Julie!! That was so beautiful! Life is great, istn't it?? Happy Anniversary!


By the way, could that picture be any sweeter??????

 

Blogger Christi and Abbey had this to say:

Soooo happy for you two!

 

Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:

Julie: How absolutely awesome for both of you. You have me teary again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com