Friday, May 12, 2006
Kacey Got a New Car!



Kacey got a new car last night, well it's her Mom's car really and it's a 2005 so it's not technically a new car. BUT, it's new to me and I bought it for her so I'll stick with my title!

You all need to know that I just hate buying cars, it makes me crazy and I don't do it unless I absolutely have to! Well, this time I was driving a perfectly fine sedan, only 4 years old, ran like a dream, so what in the world would inspire me to not only BUY a car but SELL my exisiting car on my own. Kacey would! She needs a ride that will carry all her future friends (Emily, Kailee, Amelia, Eliza, Baby Shannahan & Chloe) along with the mental health expert I'll have along for support to playdates and the park. My old sedan just wouldn't cut it, 2 car seats at the most and the mental health guy!

I'm now the proud owner of a 2005 Honda Pilot that seats 8 and is as clean as a whistle and my old car has found a happy home with Jinger & Gary carrying the adorable 14 month old Gracie to and fro. Everyone's happy and I survived the car purchase with flying colors!

Last month I thought that I could NOT be any more ready for Kacey's arrival but now I'm even more ready--she has her own car for heaven sakes. I even found out that the guys at the fire station around the corner (I LOVE firemen) would put my carseat in for me when I'm ready, they know how to do it properly to keep the little pumpkin safe in case of emergency :)

The picture you'll see of the new ride is behind Kacey's new Coral Bark Japanese Maple Tree. I planted it for her this Spring because it'll be WAY too hot down South to do it when she arrives, we will make her stepping stone complete with her little footprints when she arrives for the base of the tree!





5 Comments:

Blogger Angel had this to say:

You're good...Even Gracie doesn't have a new car! LOL

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Love it!! When can I add Baby S's car seat??

 

Blogger trk had this to say:

Congratulations on your new car. I gave up my bumpy Jeep Wrangler a few months ago for a sensible grocery-getter, mom mobile (Ford Explorer). I felt lost for a few weeks, but I'm getting used to the idea. I am still however waiting to look in the rearview mirror and see a sweet smiling face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

The "MOMMY MOBILE" is just great!!!
Kacey will have a good view while seeing all of the sites in Georgia
with her friends and family.
Love
MOM aka Nana
XOXO

 

Blogger Lisa had this to say:

I just found your BLOG. We are also using Great Wall and are LID July 8, 2005. I read one of your posts in Dec. where you said that the worst case scenario would be a referral in June, with travel in July/August. I remember thinking that exact same thing back then. Now I would give anything for a June referral!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com