- She's grown like a weed, at her doctor's appointment last week she was in the 50th percentile for both height and weight, 28.4lbs. & 36" tall I tell her it's like carrying a box of rocks around!
- According to my aunt who works in the elementary school system here in FLA she has a 500 word vocabulary and I can certainly vouch for the fact that she uses it from the time she wakes up until the times she falls asleep the girl can talk. When she came home from China last fall she could say only Mama, Nana & bacon in English but she did have many Mardarin words in her repitoire. You've got to be VERY careful about what you say around her because she is a parrot, yesterday she did not take a nap and was not very pleasant at all, at one point I told her she was "killin' me", I said it with a smile on my face but knew immediately it was huge mistake, the rest of the day she was on her toy cellphone pretending to talk to my Dad saying "PopPop you are killin' me" rookie mistake on my part let's hope it was a one day thing and not something she shares at school today.
- She's potty trained, again, she came home from China potty trained but we both got lazy and started depending on the pull-ups but as of last month she's in "big girl" panties full time and only has night time accidents about once every couple of weeks so with a little more evening water control from me we should be good to go. We are still working on the "do it yourself" potty experience, she refuses to pull her own clothes down I think she just likes the attention. I'm going to a larger size panties and dresses only for awhile to see if that helps, she can't go into the "3's" class until she has that skill down pat.
- She likes other people, yipee for me, yipee for the other people. Kacey was a 1-woman girl for the first couple of months but now she is Miss. Social Butterfly she happily sends me off to work while she goes to school and loves to be with Nana & Pop anytime at all. I'm still her favorite so I don't even have to be jealous!!!!
- She is so darned funny and she knows it, sometime she cracks herself up before she even shares the jokes, a sense of humor is one of my favorite things about the people I love so I'm so very glad that she has a good one. I'm really not very funny myself so I know she developed this all by herself.
Basically she is the light of my life, as I've said before she can make me as crazy as I've ever been and as happy as I ever dreamed of being! I ask myself every single day, what did I do without her? I have absolutely no idea, but the stacks of unopened magazines, toys thrown around the house and HGTV shows unwatched may be a big indicator...I say good for me my life is so much richer.
Every single time she kisses me and tells me she loves me I just melt and I am most grateful!
- juliesfamily had this to say:
I just want to take her little face between my hands, and give her a big kiss!!
- shelley had this to say:
Happy anniv friend...we have come a long way baby. She is growing into a beautiful little girl. We are so lucky
- Cindy Bennett, CTA had this to say:
awwwwww! (as Amelia would say) how wonderful. Happy Anniversary to you both! Cant wait to see you guys in the fall! woohoo!
- Heather had this to say:
Happy Anniversary! It's wonderful to see how she has blossomed!
- Aunt Beck had this to say:
She is a delight and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to spend some time with her. As you know, my world has always been about "boys", so being with her was quite a treat.
- Sonia had this to say:
Happy Anniversary J&K! One year ago, life was looking good, now one year later ~ life is so much sweeter!!!
- Lisa~~ had this to say:
One great year and wishing you many more to come.
- Diane had this to say:
seems like yesterday--waking up at 4 am to check the CCAA site, making frantic happy phone calls!
- Life with JJ, Starr and Spice had this to say:
How amazing that it has been one year since Katie Starr and I were not so patiently waiting to read your good news ;0) (Remember the sign Katie held? LOL
Anyway, K is such a delight and the two of you make a wonderful and beautiful team. Lucky is a word that describes us all. Our red threads unraveled in the right time to bring us all together.
Lori and Co.
- M3 had this to say:
Aw, wonderful update! Great to hear and see, and congratulations on one incredible year.
(PS: I say "you're killin me!" all the dang time. It's going to come back real soon, isn't it... heehee)
- Angel had this to say:
Hard to believe it's been a year since beautiful Kacey was revealed to her mommy and all her adoring fans. Isn't it amazing how fast time flies now that we're on the other side of the wait?
You two make the perfect pair. Happy Anniversary and many more to come!
The Maharrey family
- C's Mom had this to say:
Awesome post about your beautiful girl. Happy one year of treasured moments.
- RamblingMother had this to say:
Congrats! celebrate every anniversary. Make it a very special one.
- Mama Melissa had this to say:
Congratulations on the anniversary! I brought Mia home this year, and I am already seeing a huge difference. I can't wait to see her next year!
Kacey is just darling!
- Ani had this to say:
SHe is such an adorable girl! Although she's got the same sweet cheeks and precious little lips, I can see a world of difference in her eyes. They now shine with love, light and joy.
Happy referral anniversary!
- Christi and Abbey had this to say:
thank you for sharing the lovely update on wonderful Kacey.
I know what you mean about her being saved for you. I now thank God that I got the oldest baby in our group, she was meant for me. You two are so blessed and perfect together. congratulations on your first year!
- Tammie had this to say:
What a fantastic update! Isn't it amazing how our lives change once we find out who our children are?
Kacey has just blossomed in the last year so much! She's a beautiful child.
- had this to say:
Wonderful to see the difference a year can make. She is beautiful!!