Tuesday, October 14, 2008
4 years old...

The birthday girl, not a great idea to try and take photos early in the morning! She had just dried her tears from a shoes and socks FIT but letting out a good birthday roar did her a world of good.


Kacey is 4 years old today! Wow how time has flown by it seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating her 2nd birthday the month after we got back from China and now she is 4. It's funny Kacey always says she wishes she was a tiny baby again like she was in China when we are around infants. I guess even at this young age she realizes that we missed time together but then I ask her if she likes being a big girl and she immediately says YES. She still changes everyday and is becoming such a grown-up girl she is counting to 30 (she unveiled that skill last night out of the blue) and this week she started reading in school she has "sight words" to practice and loves doing her homework. Sharing is still not one of her favorite things but she is getting a little better I think:) She is 39.5" tall and weighs 33.5lbs she can't quite wear the 4t's yet but she is about ready she can wear the shirts but not the pants or dresses!
She is still one of the most stubborn people I've ever met and everything is a negotiation. Here's how it goes...Me: Kacey lets do this (whatever it may be) Kacey: Mom, how about we do this way...that's a good plan right? Cracks me up every single time!

Also there are the clothes and shoes. My friends..the girl will wear NOTHING but dresses and loafers (or flip flops at home) no shorts, no skirts, no sneakers, NADA. She has an entire dresser full of summer clothes that were never even touched. I tried fighting for a couple of weeks but every morning one of us cried and it just wasn't worth it over a pair of shorts. We are already preparing for winter and I've told her (almost every day) that she will have to wear pants and sleeves when it gets chilly and she say OK but that means nothing until the negotiation really starts!!!
All that small stuff aside she is the light of my life she makes every single day exciting and fun and when she gives me kisses and hugs everything else just seems silly and unimportant. My entire life has changed for the better and I owe it to her, people still say how great it is that I "saved her" but I am a firm believer and have been since day one that she "saved me" and continues to save me from being way to uptight and serious!!!!

I love you Kacey happy 4th birthday my little princess!





7 Comments:

Blogger Jim had this to say:

Happy Birthday Kacey,...Do you still pull money out of your ears? I have been trying to make those quarters disappear and doing well with that, I just can not make them re-appear. Glad you had fun at Disney World seeing the princess's. We hope to come see you again real soon.
Sugar wants you to take her for a walk soon.
Love,
Jim, Carolyn & Sugar

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

Happy Happy Birthday Ms. Kacey. We miss you! We'll have to celebrate in Dec(:

 

Blogger shelley had this to say:

Happy Birthday big girl!! Can't wait to see what the next 4 yrs holds for you and your mom.

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Happy birthday Kacey!!!

 

Blogger E. had this to say:

Just a head's up - I REFUSED to wear anything but a dress and tights until I was in second grade. By then I think I was tired of having my dress flip over my head during recess.

 

Blogger Candy had this to say:

Happy 4 Yr. Birthday Kacey. Wow, I can't believe how Big you've gotten, and cute, cute, cute. Looks like you had lots of fun at all the birthday parties. We hope to see you again soon.

 

Blogger prechrswife had this to say:

Happy Birthday to Miss Kacey (even though I'm a little late)!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com