Wednesday, May 24, 2006
I will not be beaten down!


OK, the official word in is and CCAA's May referrals cover June 7 - 15. That's 9 days this month vs. 7 last month well at least it's something!

I made a decision a few months ago after my meltdown and uttering the statement I want my money back (not a good moment) that I will not be beaten.

I say this to the CCAA, you can't beat me, I'll continue to wait as long as you make me. I'm going to China for Kacey, I don't care if it's Fall or Winter I'm going!!!! Whatever their reasons for this delay (be they good, less children being abdonded or bad, orphanges not turning in the babies' paperwork because of Hunan) that's all well and good but you can't get rid of me, I'm staying in line.

I told someone on Saturday that I've just given myself over to the wait. I'm not fighting it anymore I'm just waiting. I can truthfully say I wasn't even upset about the referral news, it was just as I expected and I'm happy for those folks that will be getting the GREATEST news later this week, I'll celebrate with them and follow their travels, picking up tips along the way.

It will be my turn soon, I'm sure of it. It may be the end of August or even September but in the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "as God is my witness I'll never go hungry again" or in the not so immortal words of me, "there is no wait long enough to deter me from having a family"!

Linda, Jill, Stephanie you guys are next in the referral line and I'm counting on you to get me through the next few months I'll be living vicariously through you. Cindy and Sonia are going to handle June for me by heading to China for Kailee & Amelia--I'll be following along every step of the way.

So this is my plan and I will not be swayed...I love a good plan.

P.S. Why the rocking chair? Well M3 doesn't like all text on the post and it was the only photo I had with me on my trip:) The rocker was my friend's 21 year old daughter's chair...I refinished it myself and my fabulous neighbor Bonnie (seemstress of excellence) made the cool cushion & pillow I picked it up the day I left. LOVE IT!





7 Comments:

Blogger Angel had this to say:

You are too funny Julie! I like your attitude. I like the rocker too.

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

You rock, Julie...so sassy, I love it!! I am so looking forward to the day that I can say, "Julie, you're NEXT!!" It's right around the corner!

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Yes, and I'm taking your words of advice to heart by also giving myself over to the wait. I may still b@tch and moan, but no more meltdowns, too stressful. Soon my friend, soon, we'll all be taking a pic of the girls on my red sofa!

 

Blogger Joannah had this to say:

I love your determination!

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Dying laughing over the rocker thing. And you nailed me, I do like a little image thrown in. ;-)

I'm not too upset over this latest round of referrals either, but I think it's because I used up all the rage over Mother's Day. Now I'm all worn out and peaceful again. (We'll see how long it lasts)

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

stay the course Julie. We are all in this together, and when the girls are 16 and asking to borrow the keys to the car, we will remind each other of the days when.......

 

Blogger Amy had this to say:

I love your attitude! Way to hang in there! Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com