Sunday, August 20, 2006
Get by with a little help from my friends....


When thank you just isn't enough, you borrow song lyrics!

There are people who enter your life just when you need them most and this group of beautiful women are a perfect illustration of that fact! During the past year they have listened to me whine, shared their time and wonderful families with me, celebrated the most joyous day of my life and allowed me share some of theirs. Would I have made through this long journey to Kacey without them, yes, would it have been so much fun...HECK NO.

Our group is growing by leaps and bounds with the addition of Emily (who couldn't be in the photo), Kailee and Amelia (pictured), and our newest additions who join their families in China today (Liza & Chloe), next Kacey will join the party and soon there will not be a restaurant in metro-Atlanta with enough high chairs for our group! Finally, we are all impatiently awaiting Cupcake (baby Shannahan) to arrive in our lives, I'll be carrying my ladybug purse until she gets here :)

As our girls grow they will know that they have friends, friends who looks like them and who can understand their unique situations and as we grow as mothers we will feel the strength of our fellow moms that understand us too.

Soon I'll be heading to China to meet Kacey and I'll take all of these women (and their families) with me in my heart plus a whole lot of of others from around the country who have propped me up and kept me laughing. I think that the heart is the one body part that you want to continue to grow as you age and I feel very blessed that mine continues to expand.

Lisa, Sonia, Daphne, Cindy, Stephanie, Jill thank you FOR EVERYTHING!

Love,
Julie (Kacey's Mommy)





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi Julie,

I am a single mom to 2 wonderful girls born in China. I live in the Atlanta area too and wondered if your group of ladies knew about our FCCA-Solo playgroup? Email me and I'll give you details on our social plans. Maybe you all would like to join us. We have a blast!

Candis
aknn9346@bellsouth.net

 

Blogger M3 had this to say:

Great group!!! So glad you guys are all there to support each other during this nutty time. Hugs to all, M3

 

Blogger Angel had this to say:

Isn't it great to have a wonderful group of friends. It's amazing how many people come into your lifre during this wild ride. I've met some of my best friends during this adoption.

 

Blogger Sonia had this to say:

We love you, Julie! And cannot wait to love on little Kacey(: Hurry up TAs!

 

Blogger Lisa~~ had this to say:

Oh bless, Julie you have me crying. You are so sweet and this whole group of gals is like one big family who has made the wait easier and a lot more fun. Can't wait to get my hands on Kacey and add her to the group photo too!! I'm so excited for you...hurry up on those TA's!!!

 

Blogger Mary had this to say:

How lucky you and Kacey are to be surrounded by such a great group of friends and support! It sounds like the best times are yet to come!

Congratulations.... and bring on that TA!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Chasing Kacey


My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a single mom living in Florida with the greatest daughter EVER from Anhui, China. The site keeps our family & friends up to speed on our day to day doings.


Email Me!




Powered by Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com